Thursday, November 24, 2011

Random sunset photos

Summertime means more sunlight during the day, and it doesn't normally get dark until later in the evening.

Now that we're getting closer to winter, the days are getting shorter, which means the sun is setting earlier.

I was taking a quick break at work between meetings at work yesterday and noticed that the sun had already started to set:


So I took a picture of it. Nice clear sky, some (possibly) stratus clouds showing yellow and pink hues from the disappearing sun. Not bad at all.

I've taken a few sunset photos over the last couple of years but never really gave them a second thought until now.

Here are some examples:


Can't remember exactly where I took the photo above, but that's definitely Lac Leman in Switzerland, looking towards Geneva. Think it might be a view from the Lavaux region.

The sunset above was taken during a quick toilet break during a long taxi ride on a business trip in Morocco (going from Fes to Marrakech). I have no idea where precisely this was, but it was somewhere between those two cities. The taxi ride lasted about 9 hours, so Morocco is quite a big country.

This photo was taken in Vidy near Lausanne, Switzerland, looking out over Lac Leman. That's the Jura mountains in the background.

I'll have a look for more sunset photos as I've suddenly decided that I quite like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment